Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Substitute

This is not to brag about me but every day that I teach makes me realize how unique I am. The last 2 teachers I taught with let me know how refreshing I was and how thrilled they are to know that they will not have just a warm body in their classroom. After I have conversations like this, I ponder why I'm so different than the majority. Is there something that I care suggest others do or learn our something I can teach to help the rest of the become less than warm bodies.

Today's idea is that I treat these students as if they were my own kids. I always wanted to be that mom where my kids friends felt comfortable coming and talking to me, not because I was cool our fun but because I was a good listener and comfortable to be around. So I take this idea into the classroom. They are my kids or they are the friends of my kids. I treat them like family, mainly because I don't know if they have a family at home. Even if they do, I want to be an adult that they could want to be like in some manner or another. Because sometimes they don't understand or enjoy their parents and are looking for someone else to know and mentor with.

So could more substitutes be successful if they treated their classrooms like each child was their own?

Or maybe it's just that I walk with the Lord and see each student as a child off God, therefore they all have a set of gifts and blessings inside of them waiting to be ignored with love, hope, and Faith.

Maybe they need hope of their own.

Maybe they need a purpose.

I want to shine. I know the Lord shines through me. But only if I shine.

Maybe that should be my catch phrase of the year .... Hope Shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment