Monday, January 6, 2014

My Favorite Word

My wonderful hubby has been posting notes all over the house and I found this one the other day hanging on the wall over my desk. I squealed with happiness that he remembered.

We had an interesting conversation quite a few weeks back.

My favorite word is UP. I shared that with the kindergartners I was helping learn sight words and they looked at me like I was crazy. I shared this with my family over dinner. My hubby asked why it was my favorite word. 

"Because you always say it with a happy tone. It's impossible to say "up" and make it sound down."

Which led to an amazing giggle-filled discussion on words. We all tried saying "up" and making it sound down. Then we tried saying "down" and making it sound up. Then we started saying other words to try and see what sounds they make. Which ones sound up and which ones sound down.

Try it yourself and with your family.

I would love to hear what your favorite word is and why.