Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What to do on a rainy day.

I made the silly choice to elect to make snacks for everywhere I needed to this week. It was a brilliant thought that the week of my hubby's birthday would help me to remember. It wasn't until I realized that I spent the entire morning in the kitchen trying not to go crazy with all the, "Mom, what are you making?" especially while I was trying to count.

I thought I would share with you all of the wonderfulness that I made this morning. If I could really share with you I would. And oh you lucky people who will get some of goodies this week. Wait until I attempt the birthday cake. I need to get some frosting yet before I attempt that.

The collected mess of the beginning. It just kept accumulating.

Sneaking a piece that had fallen under the cooling rack.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Found cherry chips at a local grocery store. Super sweet!

Banana Chocolate Chip Bars

Rice Krispie Treats

Amish Church Cookies and the smiling taste-tester


Ready for a nap and to give my aching body a rest. Hope the pictures smell as good as my house does. Carrot cookies are left on the list besides the birthday cake. But...there is always tomorrow.

In case you're a recipe hound....

Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
1/2 c butter softened
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c mashed ripe bananas
1 c semi sweet mini chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars, eggs,a dn vanilla. Beat until creamed.
Slowly add flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Add bananas and chocolate chips until well combined.
Transfer to a greased 13x9" pan. Bake in a preheated 350F over 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from center.


Amish Church Cookies

2c brown sugar
1c sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2c butter, softened
1 1/2 c milk
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract
6 3/4c flour

Cream eggs, sugar, and butter together.
Beat in vanilla and lemon and milk.
Add dry ingredients
Drop by sopponful on cookie sheet
Bake at 400F for 9 minutes.


Pumpking Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c butter
1/2c sugar
1 egg
1c cooked or canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c chocolate pieces

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix and sift flour baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Add chocolate and mix thoroughly. Drop by Tablespoon onto well greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.