Monday, May 7, 2012

The Difference Maker - book review

I received this book as part of a subscription through LIFE. It was filled with such good information that I thought I would share some of my favorite parts with you.

p 62...When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?" Think about the alternative! - Sydney J Harris

p63 Ninety percent of those who fail are not actually defeated. They simply quit. - Paul J Meyer

p70 Few things are better at helping someone overcome discouragement than spending time with the right person.

p71 Remember, everyone you come into contact with is fighting a battle. - Melvin Maxwell

p132 One of the greatest mistakes we can make in life is to be in constant fear that we will make one.

p138 The hero and the coward both feel exactly the same fear, only the hero confronts his fear and converts it into fire. - Clis D'Amato

p138 If things go wrong, don't go with them. - Roger Babson

p139 Focus on things you can control

I was amazed (still am) how everything I am reading and studying all connects together. The theme of it all seems to be that you can only control your thoughts and your attitudes. You can only control what is happening inside of you. Once you gain control of that, you can make fantastic changes in your family....your community...your world.

Feel free to contact me if you would like some more information about LIFE and the encouraging, thought provoking books and audios they have available for subscription.