Saturday afternoon. Final wrap up but plenty of good stuff still to be learned about. So let's get to it.
A little bit of Luci Swindoll's bio: This world-traveling adventurer never stops learning, never stops loving, and never stops teaching us how to wring every last drop out of each and every day. She's been a corporate exec, an opera singer, an art teacher, public relations, author, and speaker. And now to my notes:
want - don't want this - end you life without getting what you want
- live every moment fully
- only you can determine if you're going to be happy
- they have nothing and they love life (She was sharing with us her adventure with World Vision.)
- waiting for our souls to catch up with our bodies
- 1Timothy 6:17 17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
- if you enjoy the world, you will improve it
- because nobody told me I couldn't
- I just watched her mouth because you don't know what will come out
- I just love the sound of it in my mouth
- I'm a millionaire in Christ
- everyone is born with a sin nature
- God has found you righteous in your sinning heart
- Romans 6:23 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.
Nicole Johnson (performance)
- I'm invisible
- the greatness of what you are building when no one sees
- working their whole lives on something they would never see finished
- invisibility is the cure to my own pride
- we don't work for them, that's too small
And some final words from their Front Porch:
- Heidi's gone wild
- The Next Door
- all addictions are a disorder of worship
- put you here to hear His voice
- turning tragedy into triumph
- don't wait
- this is great
- step up, step out, do it
And to wrap up my adventure...some random pictures. Hope to see you there next year.