Saturday, October 29, 2011

Women Of Faith Part 5

Women of Faith Imagine

Saturday morning. We had a weirdo-wall-knocker before our alarms went off (yes, had two a rooster and a dog). Also heard their alarm clock going off and tried to turn it off. Us blind people in the morning. Trying to search for the noise without breaking anything especially our glasses. It was a good thing that those lovely ladies next door were a part of our clan of monkeys. We all gathered ourselves together and had breakfast together in one of the rooms. We were highly entertained by the free paper outside of our room. It had more news in it about Wisconsin than Minnesota.

This is also when our beloved leader reminded us to make sure to wear our Who-hats for the day. Think I may wear mine to go out trick-or-treating with the girls.

Mary Graham went through the list of where everyone was from. A fantastic assortment of ladies. My favorite quote though, "You don't need a lot of people from Wisconsin to make noise."

A bit of Lisa Harper's bio: She brings the Bible to life and has the know-how to do it with a Master of Theological Studies. She served as director for Focus on the Family's women's ministry. Now she writes books and speaks all over the world. And now a few of my notes from the weekend:

  • running to Pulpit Rock Colorado Springs and resting in the glory of God, also impersonating a bear
  • kids are resilient
  • be careful who you leave your children with
  • having a collander heart
  • warm blanket of victimization will suffocate us
  • the Bible is a love story
  • Psalms is Gods iPod, especially #39
  • when you get together, who listens
  • God not only sees us...(I was so focused on what she was going to say next that I lost the rest of the quote. Maybe someone will come along and fill it in for me. I loved listening to her story.)
  • absent from the body, present with the glory


Shelia Walsh:

  • She shared with us the story of her anniversary presents. The nightie that wouldn't keep her foot warm if she chose to wrap it around her foot and the recent hoodie footie with her name on it = she would be covered. And how much she enjoyed the word "covered".
  • it's not about me getting it right
  • Psalm 91:4 4 He will cover you with his feathers, 
       and under his wings you will find refuge; 
       his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
  • whatever I take in will make some kind of harvest
  • Psalm 143: 8 8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, 
       for I have put my trust in you. 
    Show me the way I should go, 
       for to you I entrust my life.
  • safest place to be is where Jesus is
  • John 16:33 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
  • He loves you as you are
  • His ways are different than ours
  • I am going to take you to the gates of hell, but I will be with you
  • ridiculous mercy
  • The Shepherd knows where to find you
  • The trouble is in you but so is Jesus
  • cast - when a sheep falls over, they can't get up on their own
  • Bummer lamb - when the ewe discards it's new born and the shepherd saves it by taking it into his home
  • it's not your job to get yourself home
Break time. We got smart today. (If that sentence isn't the funniest one I've written.) We decided to go and get our lunches early so that we wouldn't have to fight the crowds. Off I go to take a break myself now. Pray you are enjoying my notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment