Friday, September 30, 2011

Up for the challenge again

Signed up for the blogging challenge again for the month of October. 31 days, 31 posts.
/

Which means that I need to get myself back on a schedule of writing and stop being concerned about what I write. Just Do It.

a recap of September...

  • My two oldest are fully immersed in school and like their teachers and their classes. They also like being able to see each other during the day, even if it's only for a little bit. Amber is trying to be bold and brave so that I can come and help out in the classroom one day a week. She's been clinging to me alot and her teacher and I agreed that if she couldn't separate herself from me, then I wouldn't be doing her any good in the classroom.
  • Violet is keeping me busy and creating her own schedule. After we take the girls to school, we come home and do a random project or activity on the days that we don't have "school" (aka Library Storytime and MOMS group Bible study). We have lunch and then we snuggle up on the couch with three books to read (her choice...but we did just start a chapter book she picked out). When the books are done, we close our eyes until "the big hand is straight up". The first couple days it was five minutes to one when we closed our eyes and the saying has stuck. Then we wake up with the ding-a-ling to go get the sisters and take Scooby with us. 

  • Scooby. Violet tortures that puppy every day. She LOVES him and has to have him pay attention to her all day long. She constantly wants to touch him and play with him. It's very cute to watch and I am so proud with how docile he is with her. He just lets her do her thing. When it gets too much, he gives a little grumble and looks at me to get her off of him. He doesn't like the fact that we have neighbors and he can't play with them. He wants to play with everyone he sees, especially other dogs and children. So walking him anywhere is like trying to slow down a train. Imagine Mr Incredible trying to slow the train, only in reverse. He just wants to go. Keep trying to convince the hubby that he needs to take Scooby out running so that he can get it out of his system.  I haven't succeeded at this yet. Oh, and Scooby snores. It sounds like a pig sniffing out truffles. 
  • Radtke Customs has started some custom loom bracelets. Been fun and frustrating learning how to use a loom. working with simple seed beads right now but just got hit with the thought that the bigger beads might create a fun effect. 
  • The hubby is still liking his new job. Certain projects haven't been as fun as others but he is still enjoying what he does. I am still getting up at 330am with him so that we get to spend some time together. It allows us to talk without being interrupted and we can also just hang out with each other and give each a boost to get into the day. Ok, that sounds a little funny. What I mean is that sometimes the only thing we say to each other is, "coffee" "I love you" "have a good day". But just being able to be near each other raises us up.
  • MOMS group is doing an awesome study on prayer. The topic has been flying around in everything I do lately. My hubby actually had a chuckle last night when I told him what the topic of last week and this week were. We are doing
  • This coming week is A Heart For Your Husband. Last week was A Heart For Discipline. Feel free to infer your own conclusions to his chuckling. 
I think that's about it. Oh, it's raining. Has been raining all week. I'm not complaining because I love the rain but too much of a good thing is just too much. Still have been walking the kids and the dog in the rain. They all have raincoats and puddle boots and he's a dog. They can get wet. I invested in puddle boots about 3 years ago (at least) and now I need to think about that rain coat. Umbrella won't work because I need two hands for the dog and the kids.

I will see you all again here tomorrow for the first day of the blog challenge. Happy September all.

/

No comments:

Post a Comment