Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to me.

I am enjoying my silence with Hazel. She's not a big talker most of the time. Waiting for the sun to dry the yard to set up for the birthday party (her's not mine).

The cake is baked and cooling. We painted her Happy Birthday window. I believe I have enough fairy dust for 12 girls. Goody bags packed for 16 incase some extras pop by. First batch of no-cook-apple-pie-playdough was a success. Just waiting for the hubby to come back from picking up the Cream of Tartar I need to make some more.

We'll have the sprinkler out. An inflatable pool for splashing in. The jungle gym will have all the swings on and a pinata for later. We're going to make coffee filter fairies and paint the big window I have for outside. I think it's going to be a good day.

Hubby is going to take the girls to airport days (when he gets back). He bought me some beautiful lilies this morning. And he has a giant bottle of Riesling for after the girls go to bed. I told him that I just wanted to snuggle and watch a movie with him for my birthday. I don't need anything special, just to feel special would be the best present of all.

And on that note...here was our morning.



5 comments:

  1. My 4 beautiful girls! Have a wonderful day my sister, we will celebrate soon. Xoxo. Love and miss you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radtke-Just found this lovely blog...and HAPPY (a couple of days belated) BIRTHDAY ...and happy book-winner day! Please email me your mailing address n I will send Teaching Kids to Read For Dimmies off to you. How timely! -For u AND ur 3 y old -sounds like she is raring to go.

    tracey@readingpains.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ooh, one more thing... LOVE this blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, fingers too quick again ...that's "Dummies"!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both for the wonderful words. Am going to work on the follow up post after I collect the monkeys from circus. Oh and we're trying out a dog tonight. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete