Monday, June 17, 2013

Thankfulness

I was awoken yesterday morning by the sun and these words:

Good Morning Lord
Thank you for the sun
Thank you for the day that has only just begun
Thank you for my life
Thank you for my strife
Thank you for my family
For they mean so much to me
Thank you for each day
Thank you for showing me the Way
Thank you for your Son
Forgive me for all I've done
Thank you for Your power
Thank you for each hour
Thank you for this man
Thank you for this land
Thank you for each smile
I pray that I get to enjoy them awhile
Thank you for this pain
Thank you for the rain
Thank you for these words
Thank you for the birds
Thank you for the stars
Thank you for the cars
Thank you for this food
Thank you for this mood
Thank you for the life
Help me to be a better wife
Thank you for the songs
So that we may sing along
and praise You.