Thursday, June 27, 2013

Love and Respect - book review

I had only recently found this book and after reading it, I am surprised that it's not more widely recommended like The Five Love Languages.

Dr. Emerson Eggerichs teaches what is at the heart of men and women and how best to use this knowledge in our marriages. In the very heart of women, we want to know that we are loved unconditionally. In the very heart of men, they want to know that they are respected unconditionally. Each man and each woman may speak different "languages" but in the very heart of us all, these are what we all want.

It's a wonderful book that gives examples and helpful hints to make the most of our marriages. Dr. Eggerichs uses the Bible to teach us these basic lessons.

I would definitely give this book to anyone who is married, no matter how many years. It would also be a wonderful read for anyone who has to interact with people of the opposite sex.

Have you read any good relationship books lately? I've got another one in the stack that sounds equally  as wonderful. I'll let you know how it compares after I've finished it.