Friday, May 31, 2013

Roller coaster life

If life wasn't a roller coaster, it would be quite boring wouldn't it?

I am happy to say that all of my roller coastering lately has been all good stuffs. Things keep jumping on my plate and I start making plans for them to work to fulfillment. Then change happens and I have to adjust or, more often than not, I have to set the plan aside and start a new plan. Then change happens again and I have either had to exchange the plans back out or start again. I believe that the plans we have currently in place will be sticking through the summer. I started praying day and night for God to take control of them because I don't want my planning to be messing with all of these paths.

I will be happy to just stand in line and wait for a while. The stress I put on myself to try and get all these paths to flow in the same direction is exhausting. I know I need to pray and work and pray some more and it should be less stressful but it usually never is.

The exciting part of all this coastering is the way the hubby and I have been working together on everything and trying to smile more through everything. It has been lots of fun to see our synergy working again.

I did have an odd moment this past month that has still been lingering in my brain. I was at a picnic and the hubby was off playing with the girls. I was surrounded by people that seemed to know each other very well and I didn't know them all that well. The one women kept talking through me to the people at the other side of the table. I didn't know if she was talking to me or not and started to feel a little invisible and stupid for staying at the table. Not quite sure what could have been done differently in this situation. I guess it just one of those learning moments. Now I know to make sure to include everyone at the table in conversation and if I'm talking past someone, to lean forward so that the others would know who I was talking to.

Been trying to get myself on a schedule too. Having a hard time staying focused on my limited time spaces and everything has been blending together. Maybe this summer will help set the schedule in place or I may just have to wait for the new school year to start. All the kids are in school full days this next year. It's going to be a roller coaster year I feel.

Thanks for listening and I'll talk to you again soon. Hope everyone is surviving this storms as well as they can.