Monday, July 30, 2012

Need to be Adjusted

Had the most interesting weekend with my hubby. Our 9th anniversary was this past week and we went away to a LIFE seminar for the weekend. One of the most amazing speakers was there this weekend, Oliver DeMille. But more on all of that later.

I was on cloud nine this weekend. My hubby and I were doing great. We seemed to be on the same page in the same book, even possibly on the same line but definitely in the same paragraph. It was wonderful. Or at least this is my perspective, you'd have to ask him how he feels about it.

It came to one part of the seminar and I don't remember what sparked it, but I leaned over to my hubby and said that my girlfriends and I have had a conversation similar to this before. When you are a part of an event that has an obvious fingerprint of God on it, Satan comes along and tries to knock you down for the week to follow. You know what I'm talking about. Feeling great and on cloud nine and then all these little things start to happen that keep knocking you down notch by notch and if you don't keep fighting, all that happiness and glory fade away.

Well, I guess God has GREAT things for us because I didn't even get a chance to get home. I got knocked on my rear mentally that same night. It was so bad that I started taking my hubby down with me. I think it was so bad that it has even affected my kids.

I have been praying non-stop and have been self correcting myself since the "fall". I'm not giving in and I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep fighting.

I decided to watch The Adjustment Bureau this morning.

 I absolutely LOVE this movie. My hubby and I watched it one time and love the story line because it makes you wonder about the unknown. As I started watching it this morning, I just wanted a love like that. I want a love that is willing to fight through anything and willing to give up anything and willing to risk everything in order to be with you and to make it great. Then as I watched I started to wonder what was being adjusted in my life.

Better...what can I adjust in order to place me on the path that I need to be on. Because today....I sure do need an adjustment.