Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thoughts of Another Agenda

This week's topic was a challenge for me. I wanted to pick just the right topic to go next. I pondered what other thoughts typically run through women's heads that bring them down or slow them down. Because I want to show these women that if you let these thoughts take over your brain, it could lead to depression and that's not a fun place to be.

Lonely.
I am all alone in this world. No one cares about me. No one listens to me. They probably wouldn't notice if I wasn't here right now. I have no one to talk to. No one would understand me if I did talk to them. I got myself into this and I can get myself out of this.

We are never truly alone in this world. There is always someone within arms reach that will listen to you without judging. Someone that has been to a similar place as where you are. Someone who notices when you're not there. Someone that needs you more than you'll ever begin to know. And plenty of people that care about you.

Whenever these thoughts attack me, I get bombarded with counterattacks. People want me to come and listen to them or do something with them. People send me notes saying that they were just thinking about me or praying for me.

Or I hear a story that is similar to what I'm going through only it's different. It's these stories that change my life and my outlook. If that person made it through their challenge so strong, I can make it through mine that seems so easy compared to theirs. When it feels like I'm drowning in my challenge and no one is there to help me out, I think about the people that have been through worse situations than the one that is drowning me.

Then I realize that God only gives us the challenges He knows we can handle. Some days I wish God didn't trust me so much...I know you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment