Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont - Book Review

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))


Summary: In the rhythm of a familiar folk song, a child cannot resist adding one more dab of paint in surprising places.

My girls love this book and ask to have it read almost every night. The story is about the typical small child who gets into mischief at every turn of the book. Mom catches him painting the walls and puts him in the bath to wash while she hides his remaining paints. As all us moms know, a determined child will find a way, anyway, to get what he wants. Instead of painting the walls, he starts painting his body parts in rhyme.

The colors are amazing. The style is realistic enough that you could see your own child doing this. At least I could see my crew of monkeys doing it. The littlest actually did once with Emerald Green fingernail polish.

To continue my exploration of my hometown, here is a link to our fantastic library. Love this one. The lowest level of the library is the children's section. That way the kids wonderful voices don't echo throughout the entire library and disturb everyone else trying to study or read.
http://www.wjnlib.org/

1 comment: