Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More - a book review

This I believe may be one of the girls most favorite book. And we don't even own it yet. It's a book that constantly comes home from the library with us. Then when it gets new wear on it, the girls are confounded that "their" book has been damaged.



The main character is completely and totally my monkeys. He gets busted at the beginning of the book for painting on everything (the walls, the floors and the doors). Mom sticks his paints way up high where she believes that he can no longer reach them. This mom is fooling herself of course. We all know that if a child wants something bad enough that they will use those mighty brains to figure out how to get it.

The book is written and rhyme with a rhythm that will keep you singing it all day long. The colors are fantastic. The scenes are amusing. Every page holds so many things to look at that you could play an I Spy with all of the decorations.

The ending is the girls favorite part. If you haven't read it, I won't ruin it for you. Thinking I may have to add this book to our collection. It may become a favorite in your house too.

This post is all my own opinion. I was in no way compensated for your reading this. I just love sharing good books when I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment