Friday, April 29, 2011

thoughts

I feel the need to write something. Feeling the pressure of getting ready for the day long bday party tomorrow. Only my second kids party to host. 15 kids all aged 6 and under. I believe I have gone crazy. Who would plan something like this to be held in their own house. I am ignoring the weather man and his talk about rain tomorrow. This sunshine will continue. (Praying constantly for it and praying that others are praying with me.)
The upside is that I found out that my mom and sister are coming tonight for the weekend. So I will have 2 more adults to help me. With one of them being my mom who has survived my sister and I having countless birthday parties with at least half of them being held inside (sister's bday is in December).
My Rose has requested a costume party. So she and all of her friends are going to be dressed up and we can bring out all of the dress-up stuffs as well, maybe. I figure the sharing of costumes and dancing around should take up a good chunk of the morning. I bought some hula hoops from the Dollar Tree and found some balloons as well. Those right there can lead to hours of fun. Picked up some small paper plates from Walgreens when they were on sale and am cutting eye holes out. Got some candy hearts when they went on clearance and picked up a bag of Bertolli alphabet noodles. I figure that they can make some creative masks with those few items and a little glitter and glue.
Holding the party in the morning so we only need cake, ice cream, and snacks. Picked up some pretzels, animal crackers, and string cheese...oh, and some juice boxes. Need to make some chocolate cupcakes tonight for my girl, wash the floors, and put plastic on the table.
Also going to be making all the kids a bracelet with their name beaded in. Nothing too fancy, but I have to do something creative like that...it is my business after all. Also got goodie bags ready with a treat, a pencil, a sharpener, and some rubber bugs.
Feeling overwhelmed by all that I need to do yet, and continuing to tell myself that I don't need to do all of this. What I have done is going to be plenty enough for 3 hours of little girls in costumes.
And while I'm feeling overwhelmed about tomorrow, I am also telling myself that I need to get creating more. And that I need to get writing more. And that I need to find those pictures that I took and can't remember what year that was. Followed by, I should scan all my old pics in because my dad was looking for some. And the thousand of other things that I have piled on top of myself that I would like to do RIGHT NOW. Only I know that I cannot do it all at the same time. One thing at a time and don't let myself get distracted by the newest thing.
And with that all said...back to finding those pics I want and cutting holes for the masks. Will do cakes and floors after dinner tonight. Yard after I wrangle up the last monkey from school...got bubbles for tomorrow if it's a nice day.
Pray for me and my sanity. I'll see you on the flip-side of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment