Thursday, March 17, 2011

God in the details

This weekend is the first in hopefully a long tradition of FPT gatherings. As I'm gearing up and gathering all of the projects I have for the weekend, I am realizing that I am overplanning the weekend as I do everything else in my life. I have crafting, Bible study, and relaxing planned for a 24 hour period. Doesn't seem like alot until you look at all of the things that I am bringing with me...and the fact that we need to sleep somewhere in those 24 hours and are going to church Sunday morning.

Then today I got to see God in all the details of this weekend. Reviewing my Bible study notes, talking to some good friends...added to the message I received last night. A really close friend of mine's mother got called "home" yesterday morning. We knew that it would be coming, just not when. This friend and I have grown really close in the past 2 years. She is my sister. She was one of the first people I talked to when I found out that my grandma was being called "home" at the end of last year. The support this friend gave me through that time was amazing and I'll never forget it. I just hope that I can give her a little bit back of what she gave me now that it's her turn.

God is in the details. He planned for us all to be getting together already this weekend. He planned for me to be bringing this study with me (Powering of the Praying Woman). He planned for me to be coming into this weekend free of undue stress so that I can use my everything to work His wonders with these women. This weekend is not going to be about any one person or issue. It is going to be about how we can glorify God in everything that we do.

And now...back to creating and packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment