Thursday, February 17, 2011

Doing What's Best For Your Kids

I came downstairs after tucking my girls into bed (and hubby who falls asleep at storytime as well) to print of my lesson plan for my soon-to-be 3-year-old. I volunteer my time 3 days a week while my 4-year-old is in PreK. We go to my First Graders class and help keep the class in line so the teacher can help the students with their reading and spelling tests. My violet-monkey has become very comfortable in First Grade and now needs something a little more challenging than coloring to keep her occupied.

With that all said, I was very disappointed to see that my school district has cancelled school tomorrow because most of the teachers in the state are striking. I feel very sad for those teachers who want to teach tomorrow. Those teachers who have a PASSION for what they do and don't just think of it as a JOB. I also feel very sad for those kids who need to go to school. Some of them spark like lightening in the morning after they get a hug  and smile from me and I listen to whatever story it is that they need to share today. Those are the kids that are going to be hurting tomorrow.

So now, I'm going to pick up the slack where the school district is letting me down and creating a lesson plan for 2 out of the 3 kids. My PreK still has school tomorrow. And I'm sure she will feel left out for not being able to stay home with her sisters. May have to do extra print outs for her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment