Monday, December 8, 2014

Perspective

It's amazing the multitude of lessons the one can learn from a slight injury. I don't know why I have to be so old before I get all these injuries.
Took an amazing field trip with my tall girl to the school forest for an overnight. We had so much fun. She has an amazing group of kids in her class and the parents are pretty cool too.

We started our adventure skiing. Not the best snow for skiing. I did ok until the group I was with decided to go down wipe-out hill. 
Hind sight is 20/20. I should have just skied down to the lodge instead of trying the hill. But I decided to give it a try. I'd show you the bruise I got from the first couple of falls but my buh-hind is definitely not photo worthy. That bruise is beautiful though and the biggest I've ever had.
The wrist though...I knew it was bad the second it happened. Was confirmed when I almost passed out. Got back to the lodge and wrapped myself up and stuck out the weekend. My tall girl was already trying to blame herself for my injury. I told her that if I was meant to get hurt, that I would have gotten hurt anywhere. Ice and Ibproferin are my new friends for a while. Good thing it's winter and there are ice packs everywhere outside.
This pic is before my first shower after the crash.
This is the one after the shower.
Pictures don't do the colors justice. You can't see all the green and blues and purples and blacks.

This is last night. It's fascinating. The changing colors.
The blessings have been great.
I have this backpack that I got for a trip. It was priced at $19 and rang up at $5. It fits everything in it and I can easily sling it on my back.
The girls are learning everything I do for them because I need their help with all of it  now. Cutting an apple this morning with torture. The girls stepped up and helped with everything. My tall girl got a kick out of having to help me put my snowpants on (just like you used to do with me me).
I'm learning to do one thing at a time. I only have one hand so all the multitasking I usually do is not possible. The girls have started stepping in and being a huge help. My hubby helps too when he's not off being busy.
I'm learning how much quicker I can get things done with two hands.
I get to see how helpful my kids are.
I'm learning the hidden benefits of winter.
I'm learning how much pain you can overcome for others.
I'm learning how hard it is to choose your words.

Then there are the frustrations. 
Not being able to do everything I was able to do last week.
Having to explain the injury.
Getting stuck in my coat like a 2 year old.
Having shooting pain that I can't explain.

I can't wait to see what else I'm going to learn through all of this .