Wednesday, September 5, 2012

They are all in school

Today is the first day that all of the girls are at school. It's a brand new start to the day.

I had a teacher ask me this morning if I was crying yet. I told her that it was just another day. And I thought that it was.

That is until my tall girl came racing across the playground for me on my way out. She is having a rough start of the school year with her friends. She's fine in the classroom but once she's out at recess...she feels lost. I have spoken to her teacher and we came up with a plan for recess. We'll see how today goes.

But then I dashed off to drop tiny girl off for school. I walked her in, talked to her teachers for a bit, helped her find her hook and mailbox....and then she was off playing. Well, she did let me pray over her and give her a hug and a kiss.

That just blew me away. The oldest doesn't want to leave me and the youngest has no fear that I have left her in safe hands and that I will be back. It made me want to cry.

I can't wait to squeeze them all when I get them back home.