Friday, August 19, 2011

Taco Bake from Kraft via the Radtkes

This is my husbands most favorite dish. We have to limit how many times we make it so that we don't overdo it and ruin it. This is a dish that gets even better as leftovers.

I'm not sure how I got a subscription to Kraft Foods magazine. I received it while we were living in Denver. Newlyweds, trying new things. I was able to try all sorts of new recipes because I was finally able to run my own kitchen and make my own decisions. (That is a story for another day though)

Violet and I decided to make Taco Bake for dinner on Wednesday night. We knew that we would have time to prepare it and time to sit down and eat it. I'm going to try and squeeze in the pictures of her helping along with the description. Bear with me if this ends up jumbled, my first time posting a recipe with pics. Also using new ergonomic keyboard that the hubby just got for me.

Taco Bake From Kraft
Prep: 15 min Total: 35 min

Ingredients:
1 pkg (14oz) Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner (sorry Kraft, we don't always use your brand)
1 lb ground beef (have used venison as well, needs more flavoring but still good)
1 pkg (1 1/4 oz) Taco Bell Home Originals Taco Seasoning Mix (again, not always name brand)
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 cups Krafts Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided (we have used every style of cheese on it, fav is mozz)
1 cup Taco Bell Home Originals Thick "N Chunky Salsa (again, not always name brand and the spiciness of the salsa really does make a difference in how it turns out, so use what you like for salsa)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare Mac & Cheese as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 minutes.












Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8 inch square or 9 inch round backing dish' top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.














Bake 15 minutes. Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Makes 6 servings.












Some nights, the whole family loves it and some nights, it's just the hubby and I who are eating it. We've made it as a double batch in an 8x12 inch pan and it turns out just as good following the same directions (just double the ingredients of course.)

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. She definitely kept me entertained while cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment