Saturday, June 4, 2011

Matilda - Book Review

This was our latest close-your-eye story. Was a little worried about it after the last Roald Dahl book I read to the girls. Didn't want some of those images running through their heads as they fell asleep. Something in me told me that these girls were ready for this book. They needed to see a small girl using her wits to give herself the best life that she could imagine. That you may not always get handed the life you want, but with determination you can create the life you need.

It had been quite a while since I had read this book for myself. I remember the movie in my head. As I was reading each night, I kept waiting for certain movie moments to appear...and they didn't. I loved the book more than the movie. The book showed that there is so much more potential to your brain that you use. That when you use your brain to it's fullest, there is nothing that can't be accomplished. Don't let other's limits limit you. And so many other great morals.

Now I'm pondering whether or not to show the girls the movie.


Our bedtime stories for last night were....
 



No comments:

Post a Comment